This is Treacle - the latest broody hen to come and stay in the rabbit hutch at the bottom of the garden. She sat tight on her eggs for 5 days; no food, no drink, nothing.
I even tried holding worms right under her beak, but she was not interested.
Until yesterday, when I was in a hurry to collect Daffers from playgroup, and she decided to leave the nest to have a nice little stroll around the garden.
She hoovered up some old ham and rice, pecked and scratched at some leaves, and did a whopping great poo under the trampoline.
I was trying to shepherd her back towards the nest when she gave me a look which plainly said... 'You mean to tell me that I've been sitting on that ****dy nest for 5 effing days, and you can't even let me have 10 flippin minutes off? Jeez...'
That's definitely what she said.
No comments:
Post a Comment