Thursday, 1 May 2008

Off my trolley

I can clearly remember how conspicuous I felt embarking upon my first shopping trip with tiny Flo in a pushchair.
Having to work out a whole new personal space on the pavement, through doorways, along aisles etc...
There are different rules and etiquettes to get to grips with when you are suddenly put in charge of a buggy.
But the alien strangeness soon felt familiar, and the pushchair became an extension of my limbs, to the point where I now feel weird walking anywhere without it.
My hands seem huge hanging awkwardly by my sides.
I quite often push an empty pushchair about town, because I can.
Like a Nicorette on wheels.

Sadly, after many years and hundreds of miles, the whole pushchair phase is drawing to a close.
E now bikes, and D prefers to scoot.
I am the pack-horse, lumbering along behind, laden down with book bags, lunch boxes, PE kits and so on.
And what's more, I have had to start carrying shopping bags, which is not pleasant, and a bit of a shock to the system.
So...last week I had a flash of inspiration, spent an hour searching online, and found this little beauty. It ticks every box.
Carries schooly stuff.
Holds all shopping.
Gives me something to do with my hands.
Saves the environment, a bit.
Makes Si laugh.

Everyone should have one.

No comments: